Environmental Consultancy Middle East
WKC Group has operated in Abu Dhabi since 2009, with the Dubai office being established in 2015. WKC is registered with ADNOC, is a ‘Category A’ registered consultancy firm with the Environment Agency – Abu Dhabi (EAD) and is registered with Dubai Municipality EPSS as an Environmental Consultant. WKC also holds a permit to undertake environmental work within the RC, KSA.
WKC has been extensively involved in environmental consultancy services in the Middle East for over ten years, with the core team members’ experience extending back 20 years. Within that time, we have also advised on environmental matters for new developments seeking to access capital from reputable financing parties, including Barclays, Santander, SACE and Abn Amro. In 2012 we had the privilege of being invited to co-author the Handbook for IFC Performance Standards.
- WKC has conducted a variety of projects ranging from oil and gas to mining and masterplan developments in the Middle East.
- We consider our unique and most valuable asset to be our unparalleled experience in delivering environmental services for major, complex projects on time and within budget in the Middle East. We have a 100% success rate at permitting projects within the Middle East.
- Our team has advised on over 300 projects in the Middle East, many of significant capital value (often exceeding $1bn and up to $30bn).
- We have an interdisciplinary team of consultants and engineers who are fully familiar with projects of this nature and with experience of permitting and undertaking technical studies within the Middle East. Consequently, we will deliver all key studies with our own professional employees.
- Our team has undertaken Environmental and Social audits for International Lending banks, including Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Compliance Audits, Construction Environmental Audits, Social and Worker Welfare Audits in line with requirements of IFC Performance Standards and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).