Welcome to our quarterly newsletter, where we share our latest news, environmental consulting sector updates and introduce you to our latest open source environmental engineering tools. Enjoy!
Recent project awards have been notable in both scale and geographical diversity, with examples including:
- ADNOC NEB Biodiversity Survey Study – Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Diriyah Gate Development Phase II ESIA, Saudi Arabia
- KHAYBAR Heritage Area Detailed Masterplan, Saudi Arabia
- Kinsevere Copper Mine Air & Noise Monitoring Programme, DRC
Welcome to the WKC Family!
- Razzaq Nawaz – Environmental Engineer joins our Abu Dhabi team.
- Mylanar Saulog – Environmental Consultant joins our Dubai team from the Philippines.
- Celetia Sahadev and Jonathan Armstrong have joined our Graduate Programme in South Africa.
- Sohil Amrit has joined our finance team in South Africa.
- Kovania Padayachee – Environmental Engineer who has advanced her career with a move to our Abu Dhabi office to further support UAE and KSA projects.
New WKC Websites
- In response to the complex nature of Air Quality permitting and Noise Assessments in South Africa, we have launched a dedicated website (www.wkcgroup.co.za) which provides self-help guides for AEL Development and interactive tools.
- Due to the growing demand for AIV and FIV services, we have launched an AIV/FIV specific website (www.aivfiv.com) designed to provide users with informative self-help guides and tools that enables consultants to screen valves for AIV and piping systems for FIV based on the Energy Institute Guidelines (2008).
Free Online Environmental Engineering Tools
In response to the significant demand for complex environmental engineering tools, we have expanded our portfolio on our global website (www.wkcgroup.com). Additionally, many of our users of these tools are based in the United States and hence, where possible, we have expanded these to accommodate imperial as well as metric units. Our environmental engineering tools can be found here.
If you would like to stay up to date on the development of our latest tools, please feel free to subscribe to our Tools Room.
We enjoy exchanging and sharing knowledge with our clients and colleagues globally about the experiences that we have accumulated and interesting work that we do.
Drilling down into piping fatigue: Acoustic and Flow Induced Vibration
In industrial environments, failures of piping components can lead to unsafe operation, environmental damage… Read more
Environmental Impacts of Dredging on Corals
Dredging is increasingly used in coastal building, beach nourishment, land reclamation, and port… Read more
In Other News
Something that may be of particular interest to those involved with the oil and gas industry is the recent publication from the International Petroleum Industry Environmental Conservation Association (IPIECA), in collaboration with World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) ‘Accelerating action: an SDG Roadmap for the oil and gas sector’. It outlines a series of actions across eight impact opportunities and three systemic themes and presents a roadmap on how to maximise the oil and gas sector’s contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
There has been a spate of catastrophic flooding in Germany and other parts of Europe recently resulting in the tragic loss of lives, environmental damage and financial loss. There is a strong connection between the extent of coastal wetlands and flood protection and a new study has revealed that coastal wetlands provide even more flood protection than previously thought, reducing the risk to lives and homes in estuaries. The researchers’ simulations showed that wetlands which grow in estuaries, such as salt marshes, can reduce water levels by up to two metres and provide protection far inland up estuary channels. This research therefore provides yet more credence to protecting and enhancing these important coastal wetland ecosystems.
About WKC Group
WKC Group is an award-winning, international environmental consultancy firm with strategically located offices in the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
Permitting and Planning
Join our Social Community
Just incase you have missed our previous edition, click here to read the full publication.
Copyright © 2021 WKC Group, All rights reserved.
Abu Dhabi | Dubai | Durban | London
WKC Group, M02, Arab Link Building, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, UAE